Quality Legal Services You Can Afford
Riverdale Personal Injury Lawyer
Riverdale is a popular Atlanta suburb, welcoming young families and professionals drawn to the good schools and safe neighborhoods. Unfortunately, accidents can happen in Riverdale, just as they do in Atlanta and other suburbs. At the Jewkes Firm, LLC, we have worked with many Riverdale residents who were injured in accidents, including medical malpractice. We are proud to help our clients navigate the personal injury claim process.
Call our firm today to discuss your legal rights in greater detail. We offer free, no-risk consultations to anyone who suspects they were injured in a personal injury accident.
JEWKES FIRM LLC
IF YOU'VE BEEN INJURED
Our Personal Injury Practice
Car wrecks are probably the most common type of accident. Our Riverdale personal injury attorneys can represent anyone hurt due to another driver’s negligence. Our clients seek compensation following rollovers, fender benders, head on collisions, sideswipes, and T-bone accidents. We can also help those hurt in hit and runs, drunk driving accidents, and distracted driving accidents.
Large trucks race along the freeway all day and night, hauling freight around the country. These big rigs typically cause devastating injuries when they crash into lighter vehicles. At The Jewkes Firm, LLC, our lawyers have sued truckers, trucking companies, mechanics, freight companies, and others for these accidents.
Property defects lead to accidents and injuries. We help those hurt in slip and falls, trip and falls, swimming pool accidents, and violent crimes caused by negligent security. A property owner must take reasonable steps to keep visitors safe, especially business owners.
Medical providers must provide competent care. This means following the correct standard of care. Too many patients are hurt by medical errors, including diagnostic mistakes, surgical errors, anesthesiology errors, medication errors, and more.
Dental malpractice can lead to intense pain and increased dental costs. A Riverdale medical malpractice attorney can review whether you have a solid legal claim.
Birth injuries range from broken bones to nerve damage and brain injuries caused by delayed C-section or preventable mistakes. Some birth injuries do not manifest for years, so reach out to an attorney as soon as possible.
Dog bite victims can sue under Georgia’s dog bite statute whenever a dog bites them. Our clients seek compensation for their physical and emotional injuries. Dog bites lead to broken bones, nerve damage, and infections. Contact our personal injury lawyer in Riverdale for help.
Some accidents lead to fatal injuries. Under Georgia law, certain surviving family members can bring a claim for wrongful death and receive compensation. Our personal injury lawyer can describe more about this claim in a consultation.
We Fight for Our Clients
At The Jewkes Firm, LLC, we craft individual case assessments for our clients. We need to fully understand the severity of your injuries and bodily limitations so that we can accurately estimate how much compensation is in play.
Our goal in every case is to obtain financial compensation for our clients to cover expenses like:
- Car repair or other damaged property
- Lost wages or income
- Medical bills and expenses
Another component of personal injury settlements is compensation for non-economic losses like pain and suffering, mental distress, and loss of consortium. These losses often qualify for significant compensation.
If you lost a loved one, then we can seek damages for loss of companionship as well as lost wages and services in a wrongful death claim. Consult our law firm to discuss what compensation you are eligible to receive.
Georgia Personal Injury Laws
Several laws impact our personal injury clients. Your legal team at The Jewkes Firm, LLC, is very familiar with these laws:
- Contributory negligence. Your own negligence might have contributed to your accident. For example, you could have been scrolling through text messages while riding a bicycle, which causes you to drift into traffic and get hit. O.C.G.A. § 51-12-33 states that a victim can’t receive compensation if they are 50% or more responsible for an accident. In other words, you can only seek financial compensation if you are less at fault. Our lawyers strive to minimize any contribution you made to an accident. Even if you are less than 50% at fault, your compensation gets reduced proportionally. Someone 25% to blame will receive 25% less than they otherwise would.
- Statute of limitations. Georgia has a statute of limitations which sets out the maximum amount of time you get to file a lawsuit. Generally, personal injury cases have a two-year deadline, but it could be shorter. If you pass the deadline, you lose the ability to sue.
- Georgia Tort Claims Act. Some clients are injured by a government worker or agency. For example, you might have slipped in a government building or been struck by a government worker driving for their job. You must give a notice of claim to the state within 12 months. There are special rules that apply whenever the state is a defendant, so work closely with one of our Riverdale personal injury attorneys.
We Get Results
Obtaining a settlement is hard work. Insurers and their clients are never eager to settle for fair compensation. The Jewkes Firm, LLC, has successfully negotiated settlements for a variety of personal injury cases. Our clients benefit from our results-driven approach to these cases. An inexperienced lawyer might recommend you accept a settlement that is too small when our firm could obtain much more by continuing to negotiate.
We drive a hard bargain—and we get results.
Our firm has obtained six and seven figure settlements and jury verdicts for slip and falls, medical malpractice, birth injuries, car wrecks, and other accidents. We will objectively analyze your accident to estimate what kind of financial compensation you might receive.
Ready to Speak with a Riverdale Personal Injury Lawyer?
QUALITY LEGAL SERVICES YOU CAN AFFORD
Auto Accidents Lawyers in Newnan, Union City, Peachtree City, Georgia
Personal injury cases present unique legal and factual situations. You deserve a seasoned legal advocate who is only focused on doing what’s best for you. Call The Jewkes Firm, LLC, to speak with one of our lawyers. Our consultations are free, and you never pay a fee unless we win your case!
We can be reached at (770) 741-2517 or (678) 688-8296 right away for an immediate free consultation.
SOUTH ATLANTA, GEORGIA
JEWKES FIRM LLC
REACH OUT NOW
Tell us about your situation and what
your goals are for recovery.